health insurance what is health insurance
Insurance means to protect against the coming danger, that is, insurance is a means to cover the risk of your life. Why should you get insurance, how does insurance work.
What is a Health Insurance Policy? health insurance what is health insurance
Health insurance is a type of insurance that covers you and your family against medical expenses due to an accident, illness or critical illness. Most of the health insurance policies offer benefits like cashless treatment, coverage for pre and post hospitalization expenses, ambulance cover etc. Deadly diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, cancer and governance related diseases are increasing at an alarming rate. health insurance what is health insurance
Along with this, you have to keep yourself and your family safe from deadly and sudden epidemic like covid, which can hurt you at any time. Advancement in medical science has brought new hopes. Chances of getting free from dangerous diseases have increased. But, the costs of health check-ups, doctors’ fees, medicine, treatment, and hospitalization are skyrocketing. health insurance what is health insurance
In such a situation, the right health policy acts as your savior. It saves you from financial burden and provides best health treatment to you and your loved ones. In this page you can understand about mediclaim policy and its benefits. health insurance what is health insurance
Special Features of health Insurance Policy
In view of the increasing diseases, cost of living and the increasing risk of life, people of every group are buying such policies. health insurance what is health insurance
Let us know what are its features?
- It covers pre and post hospitalization expenses.
- You can claim the hospital bills cashless or by reimbursement of the sum insured.
- Minimum 24 hours hospitalization is required to receive the claim.
- It also has an exclusion list which contains situations that the insurance company does not consider. In these situations you cannot get the claim.
- There is no upper age for enrollment.
- There is additional cover for chemotherapy and radio therapy.
- The premium paid for the policy is subject to tax exemption.
Benefits of health insurance policy
This policy provides you protection whenever you or your family faces a medical emergency. You can read about the important benefits of this below.
Cashless Admission: Cashless hospitalization facility is available in case of medical emergency.
Better Coverage: Covers all medical expenses like pre and post hospitalization expenses, OPD expenses, diagnosis expenses, doctor’s fees, treatment and medicine etc. health insurance what is health insurance
Lifelong Renewability: After taking this policy, you can avail it by continuing it for life on break-free renewals.
AYUSH Benefit: AYUSH (Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) is also covered under the policy. If you want to go for treatment other than allopathic then you can opt for it in your policy. health insurance what is health insurance
Direct Claim Settlement: Direct claim settlement service can be availed in this policy without involving any third party. Your claims will be settled on time.
Low Premium: You can get medical claim policies at lower rates. Affordable premiums reduce your financial burden so that you can keep your money invested for the future of you and your family.
Easy EMI: Now you can take medical claim on easy EMI also. This will not put a burden on your pocket and you and your family’s health will also be good. health insurance what is health insurance
We should not delay in getting a good medical policy.
Also read-What is Blockchain and how does it work?
What is the coverage in health insurance policy
Mediclaim is essential for everyone nowadays due to the uncertainties of life and the continuous increase in the cost of health care. Read about medical claim coverage below:
- In-patient hospitalization: If the inpatient hospitalization is for more than 24 hours, we cover your hospitalization expenses with medical claim. These expenses include your room fee, nursing expenses, ICU, surgeon’s fee, doctor’s fee, blood, oxygen and OT (Operation Theatre).
- COVID-19 Coverage: From now on, citizens need not worry about the treatment of coronavirus. We provide coverage for COVID-19 treatment and quarantine. Our quarantine coverage plan, Care Shield is an add on plan which can be availed along with our health insurance policy. This plan will keep you very successful in Quarantine.
- Day Care Treatment: If you have to undergo any surgery or treatment or therapy which requires hospitalization for a day, from room rent to medicine bills, are covered under mediclaim policy. Care Health Insurance’s Super Mediclaim covers 541+ daycare treatments.
- Pre and Post Hospitalization: This policy covers your pre and post hospitalization expenses, which include the cost of diagnosis, treatment and medicine along with doctor’s fees.
- ICU Charges: We value every life and know the importance of right healthcare. If you are admitted to ICU, we will cover the fee.
- Ambulance cover: This policy provides reimbursement for the expenses that you incur on an ambulance during a medical emergency.
- Annual Health Checkup:: Under the medical claim plan, you will get the facility of annual health checkup. This includes complete blood sugar, kidney function, ECG check-up, etc.
- Unlimited Automatic Recharge: If your coverage amount is exhausted, you get unlimited automatic recharge. You can use this amount for the treatment of any other insured family member or yourself.
What is not covered in a health insurance policy?